As NBA players gear up for the restart to the season, it’s time for you to do the same as you improve your ability to shoot a basketball. Compression sleeves are an essential piece of any baller’s uniform, but there are hundreds to choose from online. How are you supposed to choose the right one for you with so many arm sleeves available?
Never fear! Here is a handy list put together by the team at ClutchPoints that will allow you to select the perfect sleeve that matches your needs and styles.
These are the seven shooting sleeves that can accommodate everyone from the serious hooper to the guy who is just out there to show off his style on the court. Cop one of these compression sleeves, not so much as shooting tips, but to shoot a basketball better due to forced form.
7. Most Stylish- Men’s NIKE Pro Combat Elite Sleeve
We’ll start off with the perfect sleeve for the afore-mentioned stylish baller.
As everyone knows, Nike is beloved by many an NBA player. The league itself has signed an eight-year deal with the sports apparel powerhouse, and the iconic Nike swoosh is on every NBA jersey.
Now you can dress like an NBA MVP while still getting the protection and comfort you need in an arm sleeve.
- Worn by numerous NBA players
- Comes iconic Nike logo on sleeve
- Come in easy to match black and white color schemes
- Quality sleeve with a lightweight fit using DRI-FIT technology
6. Best Budget-< COOLOMG Basketball Pad Protector Elbow Sleeve
We all know what it feels like to ball on a budget.
Sometimes, you just need an affordable sleeve that will get the job done. This is where the COOLOMG comes in to play.
At such a low price, these arm sleeves are affordable enough for everyone while still providing the quality feel that you expect out of a high priced item.
- Priced as low as $5.99
- Offers plenty of different color schemes
- UsesEthylene Vinyl Acetate to reduce impact pressure
- Machine washable, colors will not fade
- Lifetime Warranty
5. Best Breathability-Kunto Fitness Elbow Brace
You never want a compression sleeve that’s going to feel like it’s choking the life out of your arm.
A good sleeve should adapt to your arm size without slipping, while still providing a snug fit.
This is exactly what the Kunto Elbow Brace gives the wearer. The firm fit allows you to feel unconstricted, but supported.
- Construction allows for perfect fit with no slip
- Breathable compression fabric that allows for plenty of ventilation
- Stretchable elbow brace that allows for flexible fit
- Non-neoprene brace prevents irritability on elbow
4. Best for Outdoor (Summer)-SHINYMOD Cooling Sun Sleeve
While it might be a little too early to plan for summer hooping, it’s never a bad idea to plan ahead.
For all your sunny balling needs, the SHINYMOD Sleeve is here for you.
The sleeve cools your arm to ensure it doesn’t overheat, while protecting it from sunburn.
The SHINYMOD is perfect for playing in the park or in your backyard during hot weather.
- Cooling sleeve is perfect for playing in high temperature, outdoor weather
- Seamless polyamide and spandex composition
- Blocks 99.8 percent of UVA and UVB rays, preventing sunburn without sunblock
- High elasticity contours sleeve to your arm
3. Best for Outdoor (Winter)-Endurance Shield 360 Premium Arm Compression Sleeve
The Endurance Shield has the opposite effects of the SHINYMOD.
The sleeve goes over your entire arm, so you can avoid cold from your wrist to the top of your shoulder.
Extra compression means increased circulation, keeping you nice and warm even in cold environments.
When temperatures drop, this is the sleeve for you to shoot a basketball better.
- Increased compression encourages better circulation, keeping muscles warmer
- Combats swelling in arms using nylon and lycra blend
- Covers your entire arm to provide warmth
- Lifetime Warranty
2. Best for Overall Protection-HOPEFORTH Padded Compression Arm Sleeve
If you have problems with arm pain, the HOPEFORTH is the sleeve for you.
The HOPEFORTH provides two pads on the sleeve instead of the usual one pad on the elbow.
The extra pad makes sure that even against the roughest contact, your shooting arm will come through it ready for the next and-one, the easiest of shooting tips is to make a two worth three.
- Thick pads on elbow and forearm to deaden impact
- Stabilized pads allow for maximized protection, but provides flexibility as well
- Provides UV protection
- Reasonable price at 9.99
Out of all the armbands available for sale, the McDavid comes out on top.
It excels in all categories. Multiple different colors allow for a stylish look, while a thick elbow pad provides excellent protection.
The sleeve has a great fit, and the price is manageable at only twenty dollars.
If you’re looking to invest in an arm sleeve that will last you a few years and cover all the needs listed above, the McDavid has got you covered to shoot a basketball better.
- Comes in eight different color schemes
- Offers extreme elbow protection with HEX pad technology
- Very fair price at 19.99 per sleeve
- Consistently highly reviewed on all sites
- Universal fit, fits snugly on all arm sizes
- Offers moisture management as well as muscle warmth