Charles Barkley reveals plan to quit Inside the NBA because cancel culture is ruining it
Charles Barkley is just the latest in the long line of people to whine about cancel culture, and he’s now claiming that he plans on ditching TNT’s Inside the NBA in just two years when he’s 60 because the show has been ruined by “jackasses” trying to cancel people.
Barkley made these comments on Monday’s edition of Grant and Danny on 106.7 The Fan. Edward Sutelan of Sporting News has the transcript:
“You can’t even have fun nowadays without these jackasses trying to get you canceled and things like that,” Charles Barkley said. “Just having fun, talking about sports. I’m trying to hang on for another couple years until I’m 60, and then they can kiss my ass. I’m only working until 60. I’ve already told them that. We can’t even have fun anymore. We’ve had fun all these years, and now all of a sudden in the last year and a half, everybody’s trying to get everybody fired, and it really sucks.”
Chuck apparently isn’t happy that he can’t continue making fun of San Antonio women, which became a running joke for him that drew some backlash. The 58-year-old is also annoyed he can’t make certain “fun” jokes late at night after a “crap game” they just watched:
“Nobody’s watching this game. Our relatives [are] not even watching this show after this,” Charles Barkley said. “And then, so about 1 o’clock, you’re like, ‘Man, I’m going to say something just to have some fun.’ But like I said, now you really have to think about all the fun stuff you used to say.”
Charles Barkley even called some of the TNT bosses “cowards,” so he certainly didn’t hold back here. Ironically enough, one has to wonder if he gets “canceled” for these comments. It’s hard to see him actually getting fired for this, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see him get reprimanded for publicly calling out his bosses like this.
Nothing has happened yet, though, and Chuck was on the show Monday getting made of for still carrying a wallet.