Check out these amazing Japanese Games on Steam Golden Week Sale
Many Japanese games and games made in Japan lie within reach to video game fans right now. The Steam Golden Week Sale runs for a whole week, so don’t miss this opportunity!
Steam Golden Week Sale 2021: April 29 – May 6, 2021
A week-long celebration of the Japanese holiday week known as Golden Week arrives on Steam. From April 29 to May 6, 2021, a wide range of Japanese games and games from Japanese studios are on offer on Steam. Thrifty players can save up to 85% on some of the titles. Check out these games that currently dropped down in price:
- TEKKEN 7 (85% off)
- NieR: Automata (50% off)
- Jump Force (80% off)
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (75% off)
- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition (70% off)
- GOD EATER 3 (80% off)
- SOULCALIBUR VI (85% off)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (75% off)
- Octopath Traveler (50% off)
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (60% off)
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition (50% off)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (85% off)
- Death Stranding (60% off)
Some new titles also joined the sale, but as expected, their discounts aren’t as steep. Check out these recent releases:
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (10% off)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (33% off)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (30% off)
- Persona 5 Strikers (20% off)
It’s great to see publishers like SEGA, Koei, Konami, BANDAI NAMCO, and Square Enix, among others, celebrating a Japanese holiday by putting their games up on sale. The Golden Week contains a series of four holidays, which starts with The Emperor’s Birthday, or Shōwa Day on April 29. Constitutional Memorial Day follows on May 3, then by Citizen’s Holiday on May 4. The Golden Week caps off with Children’s Day on May 5.
Although there are only four holidays, it effectively gives everyone a week off. In Japan, if a day is sandwiched between two holidays, it, too, becomes a holiday. Many also take time paid leaves to get off work throughout the week, with some companies closing down to give employees time off.