Four missed calls helped Thunder beat Rockets
The NBA acknowledged in their postgame report that there were several incorrect misplaced calls in the final two minutes of the game that benefitted the Thunder en route to the win.
The league has remained consistent on its stance in transparency by providing postgame reports to show areas where officiating errors were made. This doesn’t overrule any results, but it provides a clearer picture of end game results and how they transpired.
Below is a list of errors made during real time action provided in the Official NBA Report:
- Russell Westbrook is in the paint without actively guarding an opponent for longer than three seconds (01:35.0)
- Steven Adams is in the paint without actively guarding an opponent for longer than three seconds (01:34.0)
- Andre Roberson clamps the arm of James Harden and affects his ability to retrieve the rebound (00:48.8)
- Westbrook grabs the arm of Clint Capela affecting his ability to retrieve the rebound (00:08.0)
- With the Thunder in possession of the basketball with seven seconds left on the game clock, Westbrook elected to drive to the basket instead of picking up an intentional foul for two free throws, throwing down a powerful left-handed jam to seal the win for his side at Chesapeake Energy Arena.