Nick Bosa says Cardinals would be making a “big mistake” by passing on him
Speculation on what the Arizona Cardinals will do with the first pick in the 2019 NFL Draft grows. Ohio State pass rusher Nick Bosa thinks the team will regret not taking him.
Bosa missed all but the first few games of last season with a bilateral core muscle injury, but he said he has been working out without lingering soreness for a few weeks. His older brother Joey was the third pick for the then-San Diego (now Los Angeles) Chargers in 2016.
While Nick Bosa has been at the top of some analysts’ lists since last summer, there has been some momentum behind the idea of Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray being selected, even though Arizona drafted quarterback Josh Rosen in the first round last year.
Back in October, current Arizona coach Kliff Kingsbury, who was then the coach of Texas Tech, had said he would take Murray first.
“Kyler is a freak,” Kingsbury said. “I’d take him with the first pick in the draft if I could. I know he’s signed up to play baseball, but he is a dominant football player, and I would take him with the first pick.”
Regarding this comment, Bosa chose to talk himself up, rather than tear down Murray.
“I wouldn’t say anything about Kyler,” Bosa said. “I would just say that I’m somebody who loves the game more than anybody. I’m going to come in and I’m going to work everyday, every practice trying to find new things to better myself. If you do draft me, then you have somebody’s who’s going to improve throughout my entire career.”
Here is more from Bosa:
— NFL Draft (@NFLDraft) March 2, 2019
In the three games he played for the Buckeyes this season, Bosa had six tackles for a loss and four sacks. Bosa has been cleared to participate in all the combine drills following that abdominal injury.