Jared Dudley says Carmelo Anthony to Rockets has been done for awhile
Carmelo Anthony is not expected to be part of the Oklahoma City Thunder when the upcoming NBA season starts. However, there is a small market for his services. That said, Jared Dudley of the Phoenix Suns thinks it’s already a done deal where the All-Star forward is going.
Dudley was asked on Twitter if he sees Anthony playing for the Houston Rockets next season, and Dudley replied that it’s already a done deal.
That’s been done for awhile https://t.co/Kgk4i3an0j
— Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) July 10, 2018
The Rockets have been the team that has picked up the most momentum the last few days for Anthony’s services but it’s still surprising for a current NBA player to say it’s already a done deal. The Rockets have had a rough offseason so far with Luc Mbah a Moute joining the L.A. Clippers and Trevor Ariza leaving town for the Phoenix Suns.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, with both of those guys gone, the Rockets will recruit Anthony harder when he becomes part on the open market. It seems like an odd fit all around, but with enough people inside the organization pushing to get a deal done, it could happen. Chris Paul and Anthony are good friends and has been vocal inside the organization about getting a deal done.
Anthony and Mike D’Antoni didn’t get along during their time together with the New York Knicks because D’Antoni wanted him to come off the bench. With the Thunder, Anthony probably would have to come off the bench. Anthony has said before that he still sees himself as a starter but the only choice he might have is to be a sixth man.