Vikings news: Anthony Barr says Saints should take the loss and move on
Connect with us

Vikings LB Anthony Barr says Saints should take the loss and move on

Anthony Barr

Despite an entire season’s worth of hype, the high-powered New Orleans Saints won’t be participating in Super Bowl LIII after all. Thanks to some late game-heroics from Los Angeles Rams placekicker Greg Zuerlein, and of course some much-needed help from the referees, the Saints were sent packing over the weekend with only next season to look forward to now.

However, with such a heartbreaking and controversial loss following the Saints into the offseason, it is surely going to be tough for New Orleans to shake off the cobwebs right away — especially when everyone and their mother continues to comment on how the NFC South franchise was robbed. Well, almost everyone as Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr has elected to take a different tone in regards to the Saints’ historic loss from Sunday afternoon in New Orleans.

It is also worth noting that Barr and the Vikings recently had something to do with the Saints missing out on advancing in the postseason as well. Last year’s postseason was infamously highlighted by what is now being referred to as the “Minneapolis Miracle,” a turn of events that saw the Vikings defeat the Saints on the very last play of the game. With back-to-back seasons coming to an end in excruciating fashion, the pill just becomes harder and harder for the Saints to swallow.

Perhaps Barr has a legitimate point, though. There is, in fact, always next season for the Saints, who will certainly enter the 2019-20 campaign as one of the favorites to reach the Super Bowl.