Clippers’ Danilo Gallinari refutes report on him being held out for rest
LA Clippers forward Danilo Gallinari cleared up the air by refuting previous reports that he sat out on Tuesday to rest.
Per Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times, Gallinari shared that he sat out on Tuesday’s 125-104 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers because of a sore left ankle, and not because he was out to rest, contrary to previous pregame reports. He added that the ankle has been taken care of and he is ready to go for the Clippers’ next game.
“I didn’t take any rest last game,” Gallinari said before the Clippers practiced Thursday. “I don’t know what the [physical therapists] told you or what anybody told you, but it wasn’t rest. I’m not resting. I don’t need any rest. I’m ready to go.”
“I’m ready for the next one,” Gallinari said. “I just had a problem where I needed to take care of my foot. My foot was hurting from last week so I needed to take care of this problem and now it’s going to be fine.”
The 30-year-old is having one of the best seasons in his career. For the season, he is averaging 19.2 points per game — his second-highest average since the 19.3 points he notched in the 2014-15 season with the Denver Nuggets. He is shooting 45.7 percent from the field — another career-high.
The Clippers need Danilo Gallinari more than ever. They are currently eighth in the Western Conference with a 39-29 record. The Sacramento Kings who are five games behind them. Things are looking good for them right now, but they still need to win several more games to secure a playoff berth. The Doc Rivers-led Clippers are not a complacent bunch, but they still require Gallinari to make them whole.