Rams HC Sean McVay says Mark Barron will likely miss Week 3
Los Angeles Rams linebacker Mark Barron has yet to make his 2018 NFL season debut. Head coach Sean McVay does not expect that to change in Week 3.
Barron has been dealing with a number of injuries he sustained during the 2017 campaign. According to Rams Insider Myles Simmons, McVay says he will be unavailable for Sunday’s tilt versus the Los Angeles Chargers:
LA Rams HC Sean McVay says it’s unlikely that ILB Mark Barron will play this week against the Chargers.
Barron’s designation is certainly a cause for concern. Los Angeles was hoping to have him back by the time the regular season had rolled around. However, it appears his injuries will still take a bit more time to recover from.
While some may see Barron’s update as a blow to the defense, it could be indicative of the faith they have in their current personnel. There had been plenty of concern regarding the state of their linebacker corps after a star-studded offseason. Barron was supposed to be the one to stabilize this group as its most veteran member. However, Los Angeles was forced to rely on a number of linebackers to step up this season and it has paid off thus far.
Linebackers Samson Ebukam and Cory Littleton have done a solid job as the new starters alongside what would have been Barron’s spot. Meanwhile, linebackers Ramik Wilson and Bryce Hager have been the two mainstays in his absence. It goes without saying that the Rams have high expectations for this season. That said, it seems they will continue to take a cautious approach with Barron until he is 100 percent.