An NBA-record 10 players have scored 50-plus points in a game this season
Following Damian Lillard‘s 59-point explosion against the Utah Jazz on Saturday night, the NBA has now seen 10 different players reach the 50-point mark this season — the most ever in a season in NBA history.
This season’s 50-point games are as follows:
- Devin Booker (PHO): 70 points @ Boston Celtics (03/24/17) -L-
- Klay Thompson (GSW): 60 points vs. Indiana Pacers (12/05/16)
- Damian Lillard (POR): 59 points vs. Utah Jazz (04/08/17)
- Russell Westbrook (OKC): 58 points vs. Portland Trail Blazers (03/07/17) -L-
- Russell Westbrook (OKC) 57 points @ Orlando Magic (03/29/17)
- DeMarcus Cousins (SAC) 55 points vs. Portland Trail Blazers (12/20/17)
- James Harden (HOU) 53 points vs. New York Knicks (12/31/16)
- Jimmy Butler (CHI) 52 points vs. Charlotte Hornets (01/02/17)
- John Wall (WAS) 52 points vs. Orlando Magic (12/06/16) -L-
- Isaiah Thomas (BOS) 52 points vs. Miami Heat (12/30/16)
- James Harden (HOU) 51 points @ Philadelphia 76ers (01/27/17)
- Russell Westbrook (OKC) 51 points vs. Phoenix Suns (10/28/16)
- Anthony Davis (NOP) 50 points vs. Denver Nuggets (10/26/16) -L-
Westbrook (three times) and Harden (twice), the two frontrunners for the MVP trophy, are the only players to have multiple 50-point games this season.
Davis is one of only four NBA players to have ever reached the 50-point mark in a season-opener, joining the likes of Michael Jordan, Elgin Baylor and Wilt Chamberlain, according to ESPN Stats & Info.
Four out of these 13 high-scoring games resulted in a loss (marked with an “L” above) following the 50-point scoring.
Harden has two of the top three “best games” of the season, according to ESPN’s Best Perfomances Chart with a 53-16-17 and 51-13-13 triple-double lines.
Booker’s 70-point gem owns the best game of the season with a 99.5 player game rating — 100 being equivalent to a perfect game.