Boston Celtics superstar Kemba Walker has just missed his second consecutive practice in the Disney World bubble. Multiple reports confirm that the 30-year-old continues to battle knee soreness, and that he was forced to sit out Monday's practice.
Here is the report from Celtics on CLNS, which also includes a link to head coach Brad Stevens' full presser, during which he discussed the health of his star point guard:
Kemba Walker has yet to engage in a full practice with the #Celtics down in Orlando.
Brad Stevens says Walker had lingering knee soreness after individual workouts.
🎥 WATCH: https://t.co/a2oQW3tRH0#NBA news ⚡️ @betonline_ag pic.twitter.com/ySCStfyPgj
— Celtics on CLNS (@CelticsCLNS) July 13, 2020
According to coach Stevens, Walker is doing much better now health-wise as compared to his situation a few months back:
“He had a little bit of discomfort after the individual workouts,” Stevens said (h/t Bobby Manning of Celtics Blog). “He feels better than he did in March. But even with the small discomfort, we wanted to take 4 days and ramp it up appropriately. His health is the most important.”
Clearly, the Celtics are taking a very cautious approach on Walker, and rightfully so. However, it appears that the injury is nothing serious, and Walker is fully expected to be one hundred percent healthy once the season officially restarts on July 30.
Walker has had has had an amazing first season so far in Boston, averaging 21.2 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 4.9 assists, while also connecting on a career-best 3.3 triples per game on a 37.7-percent clip. His numbers may have taken a dip from his time as the lone superstar of the Charlotte Hornets, but he has undoubtedly played a pivotal role for the Celtics, with the team holding the third-best record in the Eastern Conference with a 43-21 record.