North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams talks Tar Heels, biggest lessons in coaching, and more
North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams joined us on the Marching to Madness podcast to discuss the Tar Heels entering the 2019-20 college basketball season.
Roy Williams was inducted into the College Basketball Hall of Fame back in 2006 and the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2007. He has racked up 453 wins and three national championships since becoming North Carolina coach in 2003.
The Tar Heels must replace their top five scorers from a season ago, but Williams has several newcomers who should make a big impact in their first season with the program.
Some of the topics Williams discussed included:
- How he has seen college basketball evolve throughout his career
- The importance of Garrison Brooks’ development
- What versatile point guard Cole Anthony will bring to the table for the Tar Heels
- Armando Bacot’s role in the team’s success this season
- His stance on the ACC playing a 20-game conference schedule
- The biggest lessons he has learned during his coaching journey
North Carolina tips off the new season on Nov. 6 in an ACC showdown against Notre Dame.
Blake Lovell is a national college basketball writer for ClutchPoints. He’s also a contributor for the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook and Athlon Sports College Basketball Preview magazine. He hosts two podcasts: Marching to Madness (CBB) and Establish the Pass (NFL).