To celebrate Jimmy Buckets likely being named to his fifth career All-Star game, let’s look at the 10 most insane quotes that Butler has said over his NBA career
This quote proves how much of a competitor Butler is, who like many NBA players, may have a small addiction to playing dominoes.
10. “I play dominoes all the way until I got Bible study. And then I do Bible study. I go to the game. After the game, come home. Dinner. Dominoes until I go to sleep. I’m. Not. Joking.”
Lakers star Lebron James may have something to say about this next quote, as Jimmy Butler doubled down on who he thinks is the best player to ever do it despite his many losses.
9. “You can lose. Michael Jordan lost, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t the GOAT.”
This quote proves that Butler’s obsession with Dominoes is prevalent, as he even wants to play the game on his vacation.
8. “We’ll go on vacation, but we don’t really care to go see Rome or anything. We just want to play dominoes. We like the fact that we can say, ‘Oh, we went to Rome.’ ‘Well, what’d you do in Rome?’ ‘Played dominoes’.”
Butler made a name for himself in the NBA for his ability to hustle and outwork opponents on defense.
7. “It’s the heart that I play with on every single possession. And that’s all that it is.”
Say what you want about Butler and his leadership ability, but the effort that he plays with every time he touches the floor is rather remarkable.
6. “I play really hard. I put my body on the line every damn practice. Every day in the games. That’s my passion. That’s how I give to the game.”
While Jimmy Butler has a tumultuous history with some of the teams he has left, at least he pushes his teammates to be their best, even if that involves a slap on the backside.
5. “I’m a competitor; I’m in here talking – come at me. If you score on me, I’m gonna tap you on your butt. You got the best of me – but you got to do it every time.”
When asked if Jimmy Butler feels as if he is the star player on the Heat, he humbly deflected the attention to his teammates.
4. “I don’t like the phrase ‘face of the franchise.’ I just want to be a part of it. I think we have a really good team. When we start winning games, it looks a lot better.”
While Butler does occasionally talk trash on the court, he is able to back it up, unlike some players that he has called out.
3. “I’ve learned enough times in life that saying something is completely different than acting upon it.”
Jimmy Butler is not afraid to call out those that he feels are not playing to their full potential, and he welcomes that same criticism
2. “Everybody’s so scared to be honest with one another. If you didn’t like the way I handled myself in practice, one of the players, come up to me. Somebody say something – anybody. I’m not gonna take it as offense; it’s not personal.”
This is final quote is especially poignant today, as with the tragedy of the plane crash that killed Kobe Bryant, his daughter, and seven other people, it’s important to remember in these tough times that a small gesture can go a long way.
1. “It’s not all fine and dandy, but a smile can go a long way. Show some love, be patient, and this world will be a much better place.”