James Harden, Anthony Davis lead official list of USA Basketball training camp invitees
Houston Rockets star guard James Harden and New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis will lead the official list of NBA players invited to take part in USA Basketball’s training camp in Las Vegas ahead of the upcoming World Cup.
The Americans qualified under coach Jeff Van Gundy, using a series of non-NBA players, comprised of G League and overseas talent to get Team USA’s foot in the door, while head coach Gregg Popovich is expected to carry out the rest of the way, bringing the national team to yet another World Cup stage.
Here is the list of players invited to take part in training listed alphabetically:
- Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings)
- Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards)
- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans)
- Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons)
- Eric Gordon (Houston Rockets)
- James Harden (Houston Rockets)
- Tobias Harris (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors)
- CJ McCollum (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers)
- Kemba Walker (Charlotte Hornets)
Also added to the 2019-20 USA National Team roster and participating in the August USA National Team training camp are:
- Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers)
- Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Paul Millsap (Denver Nuggets)
- Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
- Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
- P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets)
These 20 players will take part in training before the roster is narrowed down to 12, which will travel to China at the end of August. Duke forward and consensus No. 1 overall pick Zion Williamson was invited to the select team and will a chance to make the final cut if he proves worthy of the shot during scrimmages.
The World Cup will start on Aug. 31, coming to an end on Sept. 15 with the championship game.