In Pokémon games, you can always catch legendaries that are waiting for you as part of your journey. In this Pokémon SV Guide, we’ll teach you how to catch Ting-Lu, one of the four Ruinous Pokémon.
Who are the Ruinous Pokémon?
The four Ruinous Pokémon are Ting-Lu (dark and ground type), Wo-Chien (dark and grass type), Chien-Pao (dark and ice type), and Chi-Yu (dark and fire type). These four can be quite a handful to catch as you’ll need to find all Ominous Stakes that you’ll need to remove in order to unseal their shrines.
Where can I find their shrines?
You can get help finding the shrines of each by completing the History track in the Academy with the history teacher, Raifort.
Need help with the exam? Here are the answers to the history track:
- What is the name of the geological formation in the center of the Paldea region?
Answer: The Great Crater of Paldea
- What was long believed to rest in the depths of Area Zero?
- How many years ago did the Paldean Empire begin to rule this region?
Answer: Approximately 2,000 years ago
- How many years ago was this academy built?
Answer: 805 years ago
- Those seeking _______ need to look no further than the oranges of Paldea.
- What is the area within the Great Crater of Paldea called?
Answer: Area Zero
- How many years ago was this academy founded?
Answer: 805 years ago
- Which of these did not appear in the Paldean fairytale about the four treasures?
Answer: A folding fan
- Which Area Zero Expedition member wrote the record of the team’s activities?
- How many years ago did Professor Sada invent Tera Orbs?
Answer: 10 years ago
Upon completing the history midterm and final, Raifort will mark the locations of these four shrines on your map. Talk to her in the Academy’s lobby standing on the side of the main door.
How do I open the shrine?
You will need to find all Ominous Stakes for the shrines to open. For Ting-Lu, you’ll need to find all eight (8) Green Ominous Stakes and pull it from the ground. Listed below are the different locations for you to visit:
- West Province (Area Two), in a cavern on top of a raised pillar
- West Province (Area Two), next to a waterfall east of the bridge to Lake Casseroya
- Southwest of Glaseado Mountain, near a lake next to a rock
- On an island near Lake Casseroya, next to a tree
- On the largest island in Lake Casseroya, the east part of the island
- Enter Lake Casseroya from the South, near the tip of the triangular point
- Northwest corner of Lake Casseroya, outside of Socorrat Trail
- The western part of Glaseado Mountain, at the back of the mountain, down at the northwest side of the mountain
Release all these Green Ominous Stakes successfully and you’ll open the Green Shrine in Socorrat Trail in Lake Casseroya.
How to catch Ting-Lu?
Before heading out to catch Ting-Lu, you should turn off the autosave feature and save manually. If you fail to catch Ting-Lu by knocking it out, you can just simply restart the game and try again.
Ting-Lu will be at level 60, it is a dark and ground type, making it weak against grass, ice, and water type moves. Make sure to keep this in mind so you wouldn’t knock out this Ruinous Pokémon. You can use False Swipe to make sure that it has 1 HP left even after a critical hit and bring a decent amount of Ultra Balls and Timer Balls as well.
After successfully catching Ting-Lu, you now have one of the Ruinous Pokémon in your arsenal.
There are three more Ruinous Pokémon waiting to be discovered and caught in the region of Paldea and we’ve got a lot more Pokémon SV Guides like How to Catch Ting-Lu on ClutchPoints Gaming! Make sure to keep checking in for more. Best of luck, trainers!