Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction Operators Detailed
The upcoming Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction Operators were detailed in an official press release by Ubisoft today. The upcoming game will feature more than 65 weapons, ten legacy Rainbow Six Siege tech, and 15 exclusive REACT tech. Additionally, the game will be fully playable in co-op groups or solo. It will also feature 12 all-new maps, which are around three times larger than the maps in Rainbow Six Seige.
As an added bonus, all 18 of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction Operators will be automatically unlocked for players who already own Rainbow Six Seige. They will also receive elite United Front bundles in both games.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction Operators: Gridlock, Nomad, Smoke, and Ela
Rainbow Six Siege players will surely recognize the Rainbow Six Extraction Operators as well. So far, Ubisoft has only announced 12 of the 18 playable Operators. We’ll go through each of their Rainbow Six Extraction versions here.
- Ability: Throws and deploys ground traps. Enemies hit by the trap take damage and move at a slower pace for a limited time.
- Default Weapon: F90
- Gridlock’s expertise in mechanical systems and robotics from her days with the SASR make her a fitting addition to the REACT roster. Her TRAX Stinger anti-personnel traps can damage and slow any hostiles they encounter.
- Ability: Shoots proximity mines, knocking back enemies caught in the blast. Also clears the area of hazards.
- Default Weapon: AK47
- Her knowledge of environmental operations prompted REACT to recruit her, knowing the Parasite could infest any climate. The team will be grateful for her AIRJAB repulsion grenades when the Archæans come calling.
- Ability: Throws remotely detonated Smoke Gas grenades, dealing damage to any enemy in the gas.
- Default Weapon: L85A2
- A self-taught expert in chemistry and biology, he is especially well suited to engage the Archæans and brings a wealth of operational experience to the team. His specially designed Z9 toxic gas grenades are particularly effective against these new enemies.
- Ability: Throws sticky proximity mines, stunning enemies caught in the blast. Mines recharge over time.
- Default Weapon: The Scorpion EVO 3
- She has unparalleled talents as a survivalist, and her GRZMOT concussive mines are particularly effective at incapacitating Archæans, leaving them vulnerable to attack.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction Operators: Sledge, Alibi, Lion, and Vigil
- Ability: Equips a robust tactical hammer that can stun parasites and destroy walls to create new paths.
- Default Weapon: M590A1
- Forged in the crucible of Selection and training for the S.A.S., he was welcomed for his imposing physical stature and an uncanny skill with the Caber, his Tactical Breaching Hammer.
- Ability: Can deploy a decoy from Drones to lure and distract any enemies in the area. Enemies attacking the decoy become scanned.
- Default Weapon: Mx4 Storm SMG
- She brings the PRISMA volumetric display device to the table, a useful tool for drawing hostile Archæans in and identifying enemy positions.
- Ability: Detects all moving enemies in an area for a medium duration, requires a recharge after each use.
- Default Weapon: V308
- R6 Command knew immediately that his skill with the EE-ONE-D drone would be vital to combating the Archæans and supporting his teammates.
- Ability: Disrupts enemies making them undetectable for a medium duration. Requires recharge after each use.
- Default Weapon: K1A1
- Recruited for his knowledge of electrical engineering, and particularly stealth technology, his ERC (Electronic Rendering Cloak) gives him a tactical advantage when engaging the Archæans.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction Operators: Hibana, Doc, Finka, and Pulse
- Ability: Shoots remotely detonable sticky explosives that stick to all surfaces. Detonate to deal armor-penetrating damage.
- Default Weapon: TYPE-89
- Her extensive counter-terrorism background left her with a broad and varied set of tactical skills that make her particularly deadly when engaging the Archæans. She is especially fond of her X-KAIROS grenade launcher.
- Ability: Fires his Health Pistol to heal or revive himself or his teammates when Downed.
- Default Weapon: SG-CQB
- DOC’s skill as a medical provider is matched only by his tactical expertise and his commitment to seeing the Archæan threat neutralized. His STIM pistol provides instantaneous healing and revitalization to himself or his teammates.
- Ability: Temporarily boosts the team’s reactivity and survival. Revives any Downed teammates and they always go Downed while active.
- Default Weapon: SPEAR .308
- Years with Russian Spetsnaz made her an exceptional operator, but it was her medical condition that led to the development of her nanobot-driven adrenalin boost. FINKA can share this boost with the team to enhance operational capabilities; a tactical edge when battling the Parasites.
- Ability: Detects VIPs, MIAs, and enemy Nests through obstacles.
- Default Weapon: M1014
- His recalibrated HB-7 Cardiac Sensor has been specially tuned to detect Archæan physiology, making him indispensable in search and eliminate operations.
There are still 6 remaining Rainbow Six Extraction Operators yet to be announced. We’ll be sure to cover them as they get added to the roster. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction, the next mainline installment in the Rainbow Six franchise, will release worldwide with full cross-play, cross-save, and cross-progression in January 2022 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and the Ubisoft Store on Windows PC. For more general details on the game outside just Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction operators, click here for our overview article.