Report: Colin Kaepernick going forward with workout on Saturday
The league has made the decision to give former quarterback Colin Kaepernick a chance with the league. It’s coming after having not been given a workout or being on an NFL roster since the beginning of 2017.
However, there are still a lot of questions surrounding this event. Not only has it been titled as a “publicity stunt,” but little is being said about what is going to happen and who is going to be attending for the teams (a condition that the former quarterback wanted the NFL to show to the public).
The event has been rushed over the last 72 hours and a lot of people are skeptical about having it be on a busy day on Saturday. But Kaepernick still wants to go through with this workout, Charles Robinson of Yahoo! reports.
From what has been said so far, it will be a Pro Day-style workout headed by former head coaches Hue Jackson and Joe Philbin. It will include all of the many expected workouts for a quarterback to show his range of skills. And Kaepernick will need to impress the eleven teams that will be attending after having not played in the league in almost three years.
There will also be an interview process done that will showcase everything that the 32-year-old needs to tell the media on this Pro Day event. It’s the best way of showing the league that he can still play and that he’s been ready for all of this time. Now teams are going to be waiting until Saturday to see what this all entails.