With NBA 2K22 releasing soon, fans are clamoring for more and more details about the game. One of the most important features of NBA 2K22 is MyCareer. It allows players to live the NBA career that they've always dreamed about. This year, the entirety of NBA 2K22‘s MyCareer will be held inside NBA 2K22 The City (one of the exclusive features available for PS5 and Xbox Series X owners).
What's new? NBA 2K22 The City gets entire MyCareer story
2K dropped the trailer for NBA 2K22 The City and showcased what's new in this year's iteration. Among the new innovations for The City are:
- New City Quests will be solo ventures for players to experiment with their careers off the court, from becoming a fashion mogul to a rap icon;
- An increased population will make The City feel as if it's teeming with life, featuring new NPCs to fully bring the world around you together;
- Ability to upgrade your crib – such as a penthouse with a zipline to take you directly to specific courts – as a player’s home plays a part in MyCAREER as a location where coaches and friends will give players new quests;
- Explore new buildings added to The City, including a matchmaking building and Club 2K, where players can access music from some of the hottest labels that drop with every Season;
- Rewards include new ways to get around The City, such as Go-Karts and Inline Skates, new emotes, intros and outros, animations, customized name plates and more.
The introduction of The City in NBA 2K21 was well-received, but players will get to experience a wholly improved version of it. The Visual Concepts Development Team designed the entire NBA 2K22 The City to function and revolve around the MyCAREER story. You can even personalize your crib, as well as influence the entire MyCity. Of course, MyPlayer is intrinsically connected to MyCareer, so you can also bring your MyPlayer anywhere within the premises of The City. Your MyPlayer will have to go through the league's brand new NBA Intrigue system, which will put you in the thick of the behind-the-scenes drama. Make sure that the personal brand you build for your MyPlayer is consistent, and wow the fans with the decisions you make throughout the NBA season.
The full details of the new innovations for NBA 2K22 The City can be found in the latest Courtside Report.
PC, Switch, Xbox One, and PS4 gets The Neighborhood
Since The City is a next-gen exclusive, players on previous-gen consoles will get The Neighborhood instead. This year's The Neighborhood takes the player on a cruise tour aboard the “Cancha del Mar.” From the lobby to the top deck, each level of the ship is designed to offer the best basketball experience it can offer. Seasons will also offer exciting Excursions in tropical locales. This ensures that each new Season will provide fresh content, unique events, and rewards for players.
The full details of what players can expect out of NBA 2K22 The Neighborhood can also found in the latest Courtside Report.