EA’s committed to improving Madden 22 all year long, and their Gridiron Notes show how they will be doing that. For their latest update, EA shares that the biggest change coming in their first Franchise Update is what changes they have up for scouting. But when exactly will the Madden 22 scouting update release date be?
Madden 22 Scouting Update Release Date: October 12
The Scouting Update that comes with the Franchise Update will also be a Title Update, which comes out on October 12.
The scouting update will bring the following changes to Madden 22 franchise mode:
- A full scouting department
- In-depth scouting reports including player physicals, traits, and ratings
- News content that will move players up or down the media big board, impacting draft stock
- Mock drafts providing a snapshot of who teams are interested in throughout the season
- The ability to automate scout activities after making an initial decision at certain weeks of the season.
Take note, however, that these changes won’t reflect on currently existing franchises. By the time the scouting update comes out, you’ll have to create a new franchise for these changes to take effect. That’s a real bummer, and it can actually dissuade some players from starting franchise mode at all until these changes take place.
For a deep dive on what changes will take place in Franchise Mode and for a little taste of its effects, check out EA’s Gridiron Notes.