Devin White, Nick Bosa tied with highest odds to win NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
Odds have been circulating for NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year since before the draft starting in late April.
BetOnline.AG joins the fun as they recently released their updated odds for the award, and it goes as follow:
- Nick Bosa, EDGE, San Francisco 49ers: +500
- Devin White, LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +500
- Josh Allen, EDGE, Jacksonville Jaguars: +850
- Quinnen Williams, IDL, New York Jets: +850
- Devin Bush, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers: +1000
- Ed Oliver, IDL, Buffalo Bills: +1000
- Montez Sweat, EDGE, Washington Redskins: +1200
- Brian Burns, EDGE, Carolina Panthers: +1400
- Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Oakland Raiders: +1600
- Rashan Gary, EDGE, Green Bay Packers +2000
Both Nick Bosa and Devin White sit atop of the group, and it’s justifiable. Bosa, the No. 2 pick, is lauded as an extremely pro-ready pass-rusher with a developed game similar to his brother, Joey. He will start immediately in San Francisco opposite Pro Bowler Dee Ford.
He’ll also be playing with a defensive line consisting of the dominant Pro Bowler DeForest Buckner, and former first-round picks Soloman Thomas and Arik Armstead.
As for Devin White, the No. 5 pick, Tampa Bay drafted him to slot in as a middle linebacker after Kwon Alexanders departure to San Fransico. Maybe the best athlete coming into the 2019 NFL Draft class, he left scouts drooling after he put on a show at the NFL Combine.
A former standout LSU linebacker, he was the only inside linebacker to go with the top-five; a selection that rarely tends to happen. To many, he’s a generational prospect.
Josh Allen and Quinnen Williams finished tied for second. Allen is a hyper-athlete that was once in contention to be the top pick and will benefit from playing alongside one of the NFL’s best pass-rushing units.
Williams is simply a generational defensive line prospect, as often compared to a bigger Aaron Donald. Scary stuff.