Riot Games are releasing a brand new skin, but you can only get it if you’re nice. A League of Legends skin will be exclusive to players with an Honor Level of 5.

In a dev blog, Riot’s new Product Lead for Behavioral Systems Hana “TimTamMonster” Dinh discussed the current state of League of Legends in terms of player behavior. “I know many of you have been disappointed in the lack of progress made in Behavioral Systems over the last few years. You’ve told us again and again that this space is important. And I’m with you,” she says.

According to the data from their detection and punishment systems, only 5% are “consistently disruptive”. In other words, this 5% are the ones they should definitely be punishing. The other 95% are otherwise regular players who get tilted. These regular players make up 86% of the reports that they receive. To sum up, most of the reports are on the average player who usually behaves well.

TimTamMonster said “We’ve all been there; League of Legends is a competitive game. But when each game has 9 other players, if everyone is occasionally disruptive, you’ll probably run into these behaviors often. And whenever you run into someone being disruptive, it doesn’t matter to you if they behave well most of the time. Their behavior in that moment still ruins your game, and that’s what matters. So how do we improve the behavior of 95% of players as a whole? That’s a tough question, but we believe it’s by building solutions that directly impact you and by partnering with you, our players, to create a stronger community together.”

Riot’s current behavioral system, the Honor 2.0, was introduced in 2018 and received well by players. Then again, Riot has failed to update this system until now, 4 years later, and they recognize this problem. One of the things they are adding are a special recall VFX for players who are Honor Level 5 or those who have received an Honor from a non-premade or two premades in their previous game.

“We’re working hard on an exclusive skin just for players who reach Honor 5 as part of the End of Season rewards. These exclusive rewards will give you a new way to show off in-game, in addition to existing Honor skins, chromas, and other rewards. So now’s the time to get your Honor on!,” TimTamMonster added.

Live and breathe sports?

🚨 Get viral graphics, memes, rumors and trending sports news delivered right to your inbox with the Clutch Newsletter.

Riot Games also tackled League of Legends Champ Select Reports. They admitted that they failed to add apt punishments as promised. Even though it only makes 3.2% of the reports, they are still maintaining its upkeep. They will be updating punishments to Champ Select reports, which will go live very soon.

Other ways of disruptive behavior, like verbal abuse, is also getting some attention. League of Legends’ verbal abuse detection is getting some upgrades, and they are expecting improvements of up to 10 times. TimTamMonster ended with a message to the players, saying

“While these are just a few steps toward a larger goal, Riot is truly committed to this space, and I will ensure we continue to prioritize it. You can hold me to that.

In turn, I ask you to remember this: When you get frustrated, only you can stop yourself from being disruptive. All 95% of us can support these systems by being the type of player we want to play with—even in Ranked. It’s not always easy, I know, but even the most perfect systems can’t prevent all instances of bad behavior from occurring. Because it’s not just about building systems to influence human behavior. It’s also about the humans who play the game. It’s about you. And you’re here reading this, so I know you care about our community too.

With your feedback and support, we can shape League’s future together. I’m honored to be embarking on this journey together with you.”

For more League of Legends, click here.