In Pokémon games, you can always catch legendaries that are waiting for you as part of your journey. In this Pokémon SV Guide, we’ll teach you how to catch Chi-Yu, one of the four Ruinous Pokémon.
Who are the Ruinous Pokémon?
The four Ruinous Pokémon are Chi-Yu (dark and fire type), Wo-Chien (dark and grass type), Chien-Pao (dark and ice type), and Ting-Lu (dark and ground type). These four can be quite a handful to catch as you’ll need to find all Ominous Stakes that you’ll need to remove to unseal their shrines.
Where can I find their shrines?
You can get help finding the shrines of each by completing the History track in the Academy with the history teacher, Raifort.
Need help with the exam? Here are the answers to the history track:
- What is the name of the geological formation in the center of the Paldea region?
Answer: The Great Crater of Paldea
- What was long believed to rest in the depths of Area Zero?
- How many years ago did the Paldean Empire begin to rule this region?
Answer: Approximately 2,000 years ago
- How many years ago was this academy built?
Answer: 805 years ago
- Those seeking _______ need to look no further than the oranges of Paldea.
- What is the area within the Great Crater of Paldea called?
Answer: Area Zero
- How many years ago was this academy founded?
Answer: 805 years ago
- Which of these did not appear in the Paldean fairytale about the four treasures?
Answer: A folding fan
- Which Area Zero Expedition member wrote the record of the team’s activities?
- How many years ago did Professor Sada invent Tera Orbs?
Answer: 10 years ago
Upon completing the history midterm and final, Raifort will mark the locations of these four shrines on your map. Talk to her in the Academy’s lobby standing on the side of the main door.
How do I open the shrine?
You will need to find all Ominous Stakes for the shrines to open. For Chi-Yu, you’ll need to find all blue (8) Purple Ominous Stakes and pull it from the ground. Listed below are the different locations for you to visit:
- By the lighthouse of North Levincia, behind a tree
- The northern area of the North Province (Area Two), hiding in ruins
- At the center of Fury Falls, North Province (Area Two) above the Blue Shrine
- Northeast part of Tagtree Thicket, on a plateau near a Tera Raid crystal and a tree
- West part of Tagtree Thicket, on the small patch of green down the southern side of Glaseado Mountain
- Northeast of Glaseado Mountain, next to a small rock
- At the raised landmass to the west by North Province (Area One)
- Northeast of the bamboo forest in North Province (Area Two) at the large tree on the rocky hill
Release all these Blue Ominous Stakes successfully and you’ll open the Blue Shrine in North Province (Area Two).
How to catch Chi-Yu?
Before heading out to catch Chi-Yu, you should turn off the autosave feature and save manually. If you fail to catch Chi-Yu by knocking it out, you can just simply restart the game and try again.
Chi-Yu will be at level 60, it is a dark and fire type, making it weak against water, rock, and fighting type moves. Make sure to keep this in mind so you wouldn’t knock out this Ruinous Pokémon. You can use False Swipe to make sure that it has 1 HP left even after a critical hit and bring a decent amount of Ultra Balls and Timer Balls as well.
After successfully catching Chi-Yu, you now have one of the Ruinous Pokémon in your arsenal.
There are three more Ruinous Pokémon waiting to be discovered and caught in the region of Paldea and we’ve got a lot more Pokémon SV Guides like How to Catch Chi-Yu on ClutchPoints Gaming! Make sure to keep checking in for more. Best of luck, trainers!