The final sequence of Game 2 between the San Antonio Spurs and the Oklahoma City Thunder was nothing short of madness.

After staging a furious comeback, the Spurs trailed by a single point with under 14 seconds remaining. They managed to force a turnover on the inbounds pass, but Patty Mills was unable to bury a 3-pointer from the corner, and when no offensive rebound was secured, the final buzzer sounded, signaling a victory for the Thunder and a series tied at a game apiece.

This, of course, doesn't do justice to everything that went down.

Live and breathe the NBA?

🚨 Get viral NBA graphics, memes, rumors and trending news delivered right to your inbox with the Clutch Newsletter.

RELATED: NBA 2-minute report states that referees were correct in no-call on Wade

As many of you saw last night, the Thunder's Dion Waiters threw an elbow at Manu Ginobili while trying to throw the ball in. Yes, the Spurs did end up with the ball after forcing a turnover, but had a foul been called, they would've been able to draw up a play quickly before taking the ball inbounds themselves.

Now,  lead referee Ken Mauer has admitted that the call was missed. From the league:

Question: Can you explain what the referees saw on the in-bounds play with 13.5 seconds remaining when Dion Waiters appeared to make contact with Manu Ginobili?

Ken Mauer, lead referee: On the floor we did not see a foul on the play. However, upon review we realize and we agree we should have had an offensive foul on the play. It’s a play we’ve never seen before, ever. We should have had an offensive foul on the play.

Question: Had an offensive call been made on Waiters what rule would have applied to a foul committed before throw-in?

Ken Mauer: An offensive foul. Possession Spurs.

There you have it, not that it makes any difference now.

Of course, that doesn't tell the entire story. Thunder fans have clamored about the fact that Ginobili's toe was on the line in front of Waiters and should have been cited by the officials.

Then, with 2.2 seconds to go, it appears that a fan sitting courtside grabs Steven Adams' arm, preventing him from making a play. San Antonio certainly won't be getting any sympathy from OKC after that.

With all of the chaos behind us hopefully, Game 3 will go down on Friday night at 9:30 p.m. EST on ESPN.