Quantcast
Connect with us

NBA

Warriors coach Steve Kerr says team did not reach out to league office about Patrick Beverley’s illegal defense on Kevin Durant

Steve Kerr

Earlier this week, FOX Sports analyst Nick Wright said on “First Things First” that the Golden State Warriors had complained to the league office about Los Angeles Clippers guard Patrick Beverley’s defense on Kevin Durant, accusing the 6-foot-1 defensive ace of holding, clutching, grabbing and pushing.

This came after the Warriors’ stunning Game 2 collapse against the Clippers in which they blew a 31-point lead and saw Durant commit nine turnovers and foul out after attempting just eight shots.

So, is Wright’s statement about Golden State contacting the league office true? Warriors head coach Steve Kerr says no:

While Kerr acknowledges that he has gotten on the officials about things during the game, he said that Golden State’s front office has done no such thing.

Regardless, Durant seemed perfectly comfortable in Game 3 on Thursday night, exploding for 38 points off 14-of-23 shooting in what ended up being a 27-point win for the Dubs as they took a 2-1 lead in their first-round Western Conference playoff series.

Beverley’s defense on Durant throughout this series has been admirable, without a doubt, as the feisty guard held the superstar to under 25 points in each of the first two games of the series, but Durant certainly got the better of the much smaller Beverley in Game 3.

The Warriors, who are looking to win their third straight championship and fourth in the last five years, finished with the top seed in the West this season.

Golden State will aim to take a commanding 3-1 series lead over Los Angeles in Game 4 at Staples Center on Sunday afternoon.