DeForest Buckner activated off Colts’ reserve/COVID-19 list ahead of game vs. Texans
Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle DeForest Buckner has been activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list and should be ready to go for his team’s Week 13 matchup against the Houston Texans, the team announced Friday.
DT DeForest Buckner has been activated from the Reserve/COVID-19 list. pic.twitter.com/TQDLP5tZ4k
— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) December 4, 2020
Indianapolis placed Buckner and rookie running back Jonathan Taylor on the list last week, joining defensive lineman Denico Autry.
All three players missed the Week 12 game against the Tennessee Titans — an easy 45-26 Titans road win at Lucas Oil Stadium. Indianapolis certainly could have used Buckner’s presence in the middle, as Derrick Henry ran all over the Colts D (27 carries, 178 yards, three touchdowns).
Teams can’t confirm if a player is on the reserve/COVID-19 list for testing positive or for being a high-risk close contact, though Colts head coach Frank Reich personally confirmed that Taylor was considered a high-risk contact.
Reich said Bucker and Autry were “making good progress,” on Monday, but was not sure about their Week 13 status at the time.
“These things change on a daily basis, as you know,” Reich said. “But I will tell you that nobody has (had) any setbacks. Everybody is doing well and they are moving along the path the way they should be moving along the path to being active. We’ll be optimistic that that path will continue.”
Fortunately, things evidently progressed well this week, as Buckner, Taylor, and Autry were all activated.
At 7-4, Indianapolis currently sits in the final Wild Card spot in the AFC.
The veteran defensive tackle has 2.5 sacks, four tackles for loss, 16 quarterback hits, 40 tackles, and a forced fumble in 10 games for Indianapolis this season.