A person's taste in style is subjective. You might like one thing that I hate and the same could be applied the other way around. With that being said, Georgia Southern will soon be wearing the best uniforms my eyeballs have ever seen.
Hyperbole? Probably. It is more likely than not that this is a case of these uniforms being the “latest” thing I've seen, simply making them jump out more.
Anyway, Georgia Southern will wear these uniforms against New Mexico State to honor Erskine “Erk” Russell.
According to the school's website:
The jerseys and pants will be grey and the entire uniform combination has several homages to Russell and the history of Georgia Southern Athletics, including:
• The stripes going down the sides to represent the three national championships won under Russell;
• The stripes also symbolize Beautiful Eagle Creek, which Russell turned into a treasure among Eagle Nation;
• The middle stripe is gold to signify the rich history of Georgia Southern football and the unprecedented six NCAA I-AA national titles;
• The script “Eagles” on the jersey and helmet;
• The stripes on the sides of the pants stop at the thighs before reaching the bottom of the pants, representing the athletic department's current motto of “Continue the Journey” as it has made the move to the FBS and the Sun Belt Conference.
Seriously. These are legit fire, right? You love them as much as I do?
Maybe you don't. Maybe you actually hate awesomeness.
What are your favorite uniforms of all-time?