Quantcast
Connect with us

NBA

Michael Porter Jr. cancels workout set for Friday

michael porter jr

NBA Draft prospect Michael Porter Jr. canceled his workout set for Friday, as reported by Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer.

As of writing, no further details have been released. The 6’10” forward has been quickly moving up the ranks of several mock drafts. He’s expected to fall within at least the Top 10. Some believe he’s Top 5 material.

Porter Jr. is touted as an elite offensive talent — a big man with a smooth stroke from the perimeter with guard skills. Though a back injury has scared some NBA scouts when it comes to his capacity to utilize his potential.

But if the 19-year-old himself is concerned, he’s doing just fine. Per John Denton of NBA.com:

“It’s been challenging, for sure, but I’m at 100 percent.  I feel better than ever, actually. That injury actually happened a couple of years ago and it got worse. I feel pain-free and better than I have in a long time.

“Even my agent (Mark Bartelstein), he said he’s seen multiple guys come back (from surgery) way more athletic than ever. It was a big deal, obviously, but it’s not going to hold me back at all.’’

Porter admitted that he feels he’s the best player in the draft:

“I’ve played against all of these guys,’’ Porter said last month at the NBA’s Draft Combine in Chicago, referring to the other projected top picks. They’re all great players. But I’m the best player in this draft and I just can’t wait to show what I’m capable of.’’