The LCS is kicking off the 2022 season with its preseason tournament. As teams brandish their new rosters—or opt for their Academy lineups—fans can get a glimpse of how the squads stack up in NA’s pro scene, or at least enjoy some back-and-forth games. Stay up-to-date with the result of every match in the Lock-In group stages, each team’s win-loss records and standing, plus a quick recap if you miss out on the action. You can also catch the VODs on the lolesports website.
LCS Lock-In 2022: Group stage standings
|Rank||Team||Win-loss Record||Form||Next Matches|
|1st||100 Thieves (100T)||3-1||WWLW||Qualified for playoffs vs. DIG|
|2nd||Cloud9 (C9)||3-1||WWWL||Qualified for playoffs vs. CLG|
|3rd||FlyQuest (FLY)||2-2||LLWW||Qualified for playoffs vs. TL|
|4th||Golden Guardians (GGS)||1-3||LLLW||Qualified for playoffs vs EG|
|5th||Team SoloMid (TSM)||1-3||LWLL||Eliminated|
|Rank||Team||Win-loss Record||Form||Next Matches|
|1st||Evil Geniuses (EG)||4-0||WWWW||Qualified for playoffs vs. GGS|
|2nd||Team Liquid (TL)||3-1||WLWW||Qualified for playoffs vs. FLY|
|3rd||Counter Logic Gaming (CLG)||2-2||WLLW||Qualified for playoffs vs. C9|
|4th||Dignitas (DIG)||1-3||LWLL||Qualified for playoffs vs. 100T|
LCS Lock-In 2022: Group stage match results
Day One: Group A (Click here for the full story)
Team SoloMid vs 100 Thieves
- Picks: [TSM] Vayne, Xin Zhao, Leblanc, Aphelios, Nautilus vs [100T] Renekton, Viego, Corki, Jinx, Thresh
- Result: 100 Thieves win in 26:29 (Kills: 15-1)
- TL;DW: The gulf in quality between the arguably top team in the LCS and an Academy roster was evident here. 100T were all business in this one, going for high damage to smash their opponents.
Cloud9 vs Golden Guardians
- Picks: [C9] Sion, Jarvan IV, Viktor, Jinx, Lulu vs [GGS] Camille, Xin Zhao, Corki, Aphelios, Nautilus
- Result: Cloud9 win in 34:36 (Kills: 19-9)
- TL;DW: Despite having an early gold lead, it was not to the point where GGS could snowball. C9 played patient, taking advantages elsewhere on the map and securing drake control. Plus, Darshan’s Sion later proved too tanky to take down.
FlyQuest vs TeamSoloMid
- Picks: [FLY] Gragas, Xin Zhao, Syndra, Jinx, Thresh vs [TSM] Corki, Lee Sin, Leblanc, Aphelios, Leona
- Result: Team SoloMid win in 50:00 (Kills: 21-16)
- TL;DW: With TSM opting for their Academy roster, it’s quite a damning result for FLY considering they fielded their main LCS lineup. The game was quite close, but TSM won crucial fights around dragon and baron to grind out the victory.
100 Thieves vs Golden Guardians
- Picks: [100T] Gnar, Jarvan IV, Syndra, Caitlyn, Lux vs [GGS] Renekton, Viego, Gwen, Jinx, Thresh
- Result: 100 Thieves win in 32:48 (Kills: 22-11)
- TL;DW: GGS tried to keep up in the early game, staying close in kills. However, 100T maximized their comp’s strengths by going for a siege in mid and straightforward front-to-back teamfighting, making good use of FBI’s first-pick Caitlyn.
Cloud9 vs FlyQuest
- Picks: [C9] Akshan, Lee Sin, Jayce, Ziggs, Nautilus vs [FLY] Ornn, Viego, Corki, Aphelios, Rakan
- Result: Cloud9 win in 35:43 (Kills: 17-12)
- TL;DW: While FLY had better scaling, they weren’t able to use Corki’s package to the fullest even when Ornn and Rakan landed their knockups. In contrast, C9 had better teamfight coordination, despite some missteps that kept the game close. Zven’s Ziggs was key in destroying the outer ring of turrets, and got a penta as the game ended.
Day Two: Group B
Dignitas vs Team Liquid
- Picks: [DIG] Gragas, Xin Zhao, Syndra, Aphelios, Lulu vs [TL] Gwen, Trundle, Orianna, Jinx, Thresh
- Result: Team Liquid win in 25:15 (Kills: 11-4)
- TL;DW: Santorin’s Trundle helped Hans sama’s Jinx get an early lead, and a mid lane siege at the 18-minute-mark netted TL all three turrets and the inhibitor. The superteam closed the game out a few minutes later after an easy baron take.
Counter Logic Gaming vs Immortals
- Picks: [CLG] Gangplank, Lee Sin, Vex, Jinx, Lulu vs [IMT] Gwen, Viego, Azir, Jhin, Yuumi
- Result: Counter Logic Gaming win in 24:13 (15-7)
- TL;DW: Vex and Jinx were fed this match, while IMT disappointingly rolled over by the mid-game. The promoted CLG Academy all-stars showed their prowess, taking down veterans PoE and WildTurtle to secure baron and push for the win.
Team Liquid vs Evil Geniuses
- Picks: [TL] Sion, Trundle, Viktor, Aphelios, Thresh vs [EG] Gnar, Xin Zhao, Corki, Jinx, Rakan
- Result: Evil Geniuses win in 40:53 (Kills: 21-14)
- TL;DW: Definitely a match to watch, despite the length. The sides went back-and-forth, but Jinx and Corki scaling combined with Gnar getting regen from Ocean soul helped tow EG over the line to serve TL’s superteam some humble pie.
Immortals vs Dignitas
- Picks: [IMT] Jayce, Viego, Twisted Fate, Jhin, Leona vs [DIG] Malzahar, Lee Sin, Zoe, Caitlyn, Lux
- Result: Dignitas win in 37:45 (Kills: 19-13)
- TL;DW: A fair bit of sloppiness from both sides, but Zoe landed crucial bubbles and paddle stars, while Malzahar gave DIG a frontline they could depend on. IMT’s comp was much squishier and couldn’t latch onto DIG’s carries when it mattered.
Counter Logic Gaming vs Evil Geniuses
- Picks: [CLG] Camille, Lee Sin, Akali, Kog’Maw, Lulu vs [EG] Gwen, Jarvan IV, Viktor, Jinx, Nautilus
- Result: Evil Geniuses win in 24:01 (Kills: 24-5)
- TL;DW: Impact cut through EG like it was nothing, going 9/1/10, while Vulcan landed hook after hook to amass 15 assists. EG continue to show why they are a top contender in the LCS, the only team to go two-for-two in Group B.
Day Three: Mixed Group
FlyQuest vs 100 Thieves
- Picks: [FLY] Gwen, Xin Zhao, Corki, Jinx, Leona vs [100T] Kennen, Viego, Syndra, Aphelios, Nautilus
- Result: FlyQuest win in 33:20 (Kills: 12-7)
- TL;DW: FLY secured strong picks during draft, while 100T looked a lot weaker without Ssumday up top. Kumo popped off on Gwen, while Corki is of course a monster damage-dealer, helping FLY bounce back from their loss against TSMA.
Team Liquid vs Counter Logic Gaming
- Picks: [TL] Graves, Viego, Corki, Jinx, Thresh vs [CLG] Gwen, Hecarim, Viktor, Ezreal, Yuumi
- Result: Team Liquid win in 30:07 (Kills: 18-4)
- TL;DW: TL’s carries just kept moving forward unbothered by the opposing squad. The team built up a small gold lead 10-15 minutes in, which they snowballed through great teamfights and objective control.
Team SoloMid vs Cloud9
- Picks: [TSM] Tryndamere, Viego, Akali, Aphelios, Rell vs [C9] Gragas, Xin Zhao, Viktor, Jhin, Leona
- Result: Cloud9 win in 29:02 (Kills: 14-3)
- TL;DW: Draft gap. Also, TSM did not really take proactive moves and just lost. C9 were calm, cool, and collected, and for the third game in a row, had complete control over dragon as part of their win condition.
Evil Geniuses vs Immortals
- Picks: [EG] Graves, Lee Sin, Twisted Fate, Jinx, Bard vs [IMT] Sion, Jarvan IV, Viktor, Aphelios, Rakan
- Result: Evil Geniuses win in 31:36 (Kills: 15-10)
- TL;DW: NA have a bunch of up-and-coming stars to be excited about, as both Jojopyun and Danny showcased they could keep up with—and outclass—IMT’s veteran mid and ADC. EG as a whole played aggressive and dictated the pace of the game.
Golden Guardians vs FlyQuest
- Picks: [GGS] Camille, Trundle, Zoe, Ezreal, Karma vs [FLY] Gragas, Xin Zhao, Syndra, Jinx, Bard
- Result: FlyQuest win in 30:41 (Kills: 9-5)
- TL;DW: Messy game, but Aphromoo landed the stuns to allow Jinx and the rest of the team to latch onto their targets. Ry0ma also landed some good bubbles, but the team couldn’t follow up as well as the high damage threats on FLY’s side.
Day Three: Final Games
Dignitas vs Counter Logic Gaming
- Picks: [DIG] Gragas, Viego, Corki, Aphelios, Thresh vs [CLG] Gwen, Xin Zhao, Twisted Fate, Jinx, Rakan
- Result: CLG win in 36:06 (Kills: 10-5)
- TL;DW: Okay, we take it back CLG, this new roster is doing great. The team made proactive plays around the map, managing the waves well to keep side lanes pushed. TF and Jinx were monstrous, both going deathless.
100 Thieves vs Cloud9 (Full story)
- Picks: [100T] Gwen, Jarvan IV, Corki, Aphelios, Leona vs [C9] Graves, Lee Sin, Viktor, Jhin, Rakan
- Result: 100 Thieves win in 29:32 (Kills: 15-5)
- TL;DW: The scoreline makes it look like a smash, but C9 had played well early. However, 100 Thieves are still clearly the better side, snowballing after taking down top outer and Corki getting a triple kill in a drake fight. 100T take top seed in the group by winning the head-to-head over C9.
Immortals vs Team Liquid
- Picks: [IMT] Akali, Hecarim, Orianna, Jinx, Thresh vs [TL] Rengar, Xin Zhao, Zilean, Caitlyn, Lux
- Result: Team Liquid win in 30:18 (Kills: 15-7)
- TL;DW: Bwipo whips out the Chemtank Rengar, Bjergsen’s Zilean plays a good enabler/supportive role, and Yeon’s Caitlyn comes out strong. TL lock up second seed in the group, while IMT are eliminated.
Golden Guardians vs Team SoloMid
- Picks: [GGS] Gwen, Xin Zhao, Corki, Jinx, Thresh vs [TSM] Graves, Viego, Viktor, Aphelios, Leona
- Result: Golden Guardians win in 28:03 (Kills: 15-6)
- TL;DW: It continues to be a good day in the office for Gwen, Corki, and Jinx picks, with GGS putting their first win on the board as ryOma and Stixxay went deathless. This also means a twist to the Group A standings, as GGS winning the head-to-head over TSM means that they now qualify for playoffs.
Evil Geniuses vs Dignitas
- Picks: [EG] Renekton, Diana, Tryndamere, Senna, Leona vs [DIG] Gwen, Lee Sin, LeBlanc, Jinx, Rakan
- Result: Evil Geniuses win in 26:06 (Kills: 17-7)
- TL;DW: With the standings already decided, both teams were just enjoying their time on the Rift. Prepare to watch a little bit of limit-testing, but it’s all in good fun. Despite trading blow-for-blow in kills early on (with EG maybe going just a bit too aggressive), EG still had map control, quickly taking the objectives and extending their undefeated run at Lock-In.