Chargers’ players, coaches think a lack of offseason changes is a good thing
The Los Angeles Chargers did not end the 2018 campaign on a high note come playoff time despite stringing together an impressive regular season effort.
With Los Angeles winning 12 regular season games in 2018, both the team’s players and coaches are quite content with the fact that the Chargers’ roster has remained intact heading into yet another offseason even though many franchises have become quite active.
“The guys we already had in the locker room, I’m very happy with them,” soon-to-be second-year defensive back Derwin James recently said, via The Athletic. “We won 12 games last year, so there’s not much that we really needed to go out and get.”
However, James is not the only one in Los Angeles that agrees with such a sentiment as the team’s coaching staff is on board as well.
“We signed our players,” Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said on Monday, via The Athletic. “Bringing [Brandon] Mebane back, I thought that was a good move. Good player. We brought in Thomas Davis. That’s a good move. We brought in Tyrod. We’re getting a healthy Kyzir back. Some of these guys were here with us last year and didn’t play and got re-signed, I thought those were all good moves.”
Despite the fact that the Chargers will undoubtedly be competitive once again in 2019, Los Angeles will also be forced to compete alongside the surging Kansas City Chiefs, who won the AFC West division last season. The Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders even got better this offseason, making things quite interesting out West.