Todd Gurley blasts Rams for being ‘past due’ on payment
Todd Gurley’s tenure with the Los Angeles Rams did not exactly end on the best terms. The Rams cut Gurley last month, right before the four-year, $60 million contract extension he signed in 2018 was set to kick in. Luckily for Gurley, $45 million of that deal was guaranteed, so he will be getting a fat chunk of money.
But apparently, Los Angeles is late in getting some of that dough to him.
@RamsNFL past due. Send me money ASAP
— Todd Gurley II (@TG3II) April 8, 2020
The Rams were supposed to pay Gurley his fully guaranteed roster bonus of $7.55 million on the third day of the league year, which, as Gurley says, is past due.
Gurley signed with the Atlanta Falcons shortly after being released by LA.
The 25-year-old spent the first five years of his career with the Rams, establishing himself as one of the best running backs in football early on. He made three Pro Bowls during his tenure with the club, adding a couple of First-Team All-Pro selections to boot.
However, in Week 15 of the 2018 campaign, Gurley suffered a knee injury that knocked him out for the final two games of the regular season. He returned for the Divisional Round of the playoffs and was brilliant, gashing the Dallas Cowboys for 115 yards and a couple of touchdowns, but he was a virtual no-show in the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl.
Gurley then rushed for just 857 yards while averaging a meager 3.8 yards per carry this past year, as it was obvious his knee issue (which is said to be arthritis) was giving him trouble.